Below is online wisdom that I found in 2017 and earlier:
3) Don’t complain.
5) Coil the spring (motivation)
6) The daily practice (how to take care of yourself)
7) The One Thing, nice summary post about the book.
8) Existential wake up call (motivation)
10) The purpose of life is not to be happy. If you remain content and happy for too long, you become unhappy! The story and the struggle make you happy.
11) You have 100 blocks of time each day, how are you going to use them? Also, this blog is amazing. Read it.
### ### ### ### ###
Some more ideas:
* Collection of personal growth reading
Projects and experiments for 2018
For 2018 my main purpose is to keep reading books (such as Tribe of Mentors, Ray Dalio’s “Principles”, etc.) and then create experiments based on the ideas that I capture.
So here are my current projects and experiments based on this research:
1) Jogging twice weekly + increasing farmer’s carry for weight training – Every time I try kettle bells or just about any other weight exercises I end up hurting my back. My posture is awful and therefore my form is generally bad as well. When I am attempting to plank I still look like the letter “S”.
The farmer’s carry exercise (where you simply walk with heavy dumbbells in each hand) have proven to work pretty well in not causing injury, because they sort of force you to use good form. So I am going to keep increasing the weight on that and see how high I can take it (my initial long term goal is to reach 100lbs in each hand for about a 90 second carry).
And of course I continue jogging as well.
2) Personal growth experiments – based on books that I am reading. As explained above, I am going to keep digging deeper and finding new ideas to test in my own life. Onward!
Here are my notes from the specific books (more to come)
* Tribe of Mentors – Tim Ferriss
* Principles – Ray Dalio (coming soon, reading currently)
BOOKS TO READ NEXT:
1) The Rational Optimist
2) The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
3) Elon Musk: The World’s Raddest Man
4) I Can’t Make This Up: Life Lessons
5) 10% Happier by Dan Harris
6) Decisive (by Chip Heath and Dan Heath)
7) Principles, Ray Dalio
8) Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind
9) Discipline Equals Freedom: Field Manual,
10) Zorba the Greek
11) Stranger in a Strange Land
12) Surely You are Joking, Mr Feynman
13) Discipline Equals Freedom
14) Daily Rituals
That’s all for now, this page is a work in progress and I am going to keep adding to it in order to track my results and organize the ideas that I find.